PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoom Search v8 GUI - Menu: Templates: Modify search script source code (Advanced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom Search v8 GUI - Menu: Templates: Modify search script source code (Advanced)

I'm running Zoom Search v8 Pro in Administrator mode, but cannot click the Templates menu "Open script ..." commands, which appear dimmed, and inoperative.

This behavior is the same regardless of whether a custom script source path is declared and enabled in the "Advanced" settings page.

Tips, anyone?
    Last edited by rkg82; Mar-12-2019, 08:10 PM.
    Richard

That is probably because you have the CGI option selected.

The CGI option uses a compiled binary (source code in C++). So for the CGI there isn't any script to edit.

If you want to play around with the search script, then you need to selecting a scripting option like PHP.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I don't use the standalone Javascript search, or PHP. My initial attempt to use the command was based on a false assumption drawn after reading the following statement in v8 help system topic "Which search script platform should I use?":

"The search script is available in three different versions so that you can select what best suits your method of distribution. The following versions are available:
      •PHP
      •ASP
      •ASP.NET
      •CGI
      •Javascript"
      Richard

Comment

Working...
      X