Zoom adding extra directory level (with tilde) when using FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom adding extra directory level (with tilde) when using FTP

We have recently upgraded to Zoom Professional 8 (build 1001) from version 7
    When I ran an indexing job and used the FTP function to upload the new files to the server I came across an odd issue.

The remote path is set to /example.com/search1 (we also tried it without the leading /) which works fine in v7 (I reinstalled a copy to check)
    But in V8 the actual upload is to /~/example.com/search1 so it creates an extra directory level which means the files are in the wrong place.

Our server is running IIS 8.5 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and I have run the indexing job on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 machines.

I can’t see anything in the documentation about this so I guess it may be a bug rather than an intentional change.

I did try to raise this as a support issue but I haven't had any response.

Sorry about the slow reply. Your ticket was with one of our staff who had to take sudden leave due to medical issues.

When you use the tilde character, '~', do you mean the name of the extra folder was just the single tilde character. On many systems the ~ represents the the Home folder of the current user.

We made some changes in the 1001 patch release to do better handling of the tilde, and improve FTP in general. See,
    https://www.zoomsearchengine.com/zoo...w.html#windows
    So it is possible there are some server systems that aren't compatible with the changes.

Can you try the previous patch release. V8.0 build 1000 and see if that works.
    https://www.zoomsearchengine.com/ftp...h.8.0.1000.exe

Comment

Yes the folder name is just a single tilde '~' character, the folder is created in the home folder for the ftp user, as you might expect on a linux machine; but I guess it doesn't work the same way on Windows. Instead of being recognised as the home folder for the user it is being recognised as an actual folder.

I have just tried the 1000 release but it does the same thing, the search files are written to /~/example/search1 rather than /example/search1

Comment

We've confirmed the problem in both builds mentioned above.

It will be fixed in the next build (V8.0 build 1002)
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X