v. 8.1004 category issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v. 8.1004 category issue

The latest version is producing incorrect catergory tags in search results: for example, this result did not match the referenced category before, but now does, for some reason.
    Glossary [QRT 1.x Knowledge Base (HTML)] [Source code, QITC]
    Richard

We fixed a category bug in build 1004 so it should be showing correct category tags.

There is a possibility that it was previously not showing this category because of the bug.

Can you double check if the category is incorrect based on your configuration.

Otherwise, send us your configuration (email the zcfg file) and an index log (if you are matching the category pattern by URL or folder path) and we can confirm if this is incorrect or otherwise.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Have checked the standing config setings, duplicated the config for some quick testing with just the one target file corresponding to the search result found in my original post. Could not reproduce the wrong tag, but got no tag at all, this time.

I'd like to try building up my categories from scratch, but no time at the moment to investigate further, or to obfuscate parts of my config so that I can send it to you.
      Richard

Comment

Hard for us to say without being able to look at the files, nor the site or config. Let us know if there's something we can look at.

Also make sure you are updating all the index files after re-indexing. At this point, we can't find any problem with the categories here using 8.0 build 1004.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X