v. 8.1004 Low RAM warning in log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v. 8.1004 Low RAM warning in log

I'm getting during a test offline indexing run on a small set of 124 html and related files, 908 KB on disk, the following memory issue:

08:02:14 - Start indexing (offline mode) at Thu Jun 27 08:02:14 2019
    08:02:14 - [WARNING] Warning: Low RAM. Indexer may run very slowly
    08:02:18 - [WARNING] Suspected invalid HTML (possible unmatched quote characters) after line 7 on page: \\jdp-twttest01\Users\Public\twt_docs\sw_builds\QRT\1.1\ kbiQRT_QCT\XHTML\29444.htm (content may not be correctly indexed)
    08:02:19 - Indexing completed at Thu Jun 27 08:02:19 2019

The Zoom Status page reports however, under "Physical Memory (MB)": Total 20335, Available 14083, Used (Peak) 76 (130)
    Richard

What settings do you have set in the limits configuration window?

Comment

Greetings David,

Sorry, my original post was sent too hastily, as I have since indeed found that the warning is relative to the "Max. file size indexed" limit set on the "Limits" page, and not some sort of real-time memory issue we thought related to a lot of heavy non-zoom related background processes running simultaneously on the same machine, which is in fact what I was testing for when I posted the log file.

Perhaps the warning message string could be made more specific?

We have Zoom running on a Windows Enterprise 64 bit machine with 20 GB RAM, of which about 13-14 GB is typically available, along with about 80 GB of SSD disk space.

We had been progressively increasing the file size limit in our config in order to index one particular, very large PowerPoint file (not the one you see targeted in the test log excerpt I posted) that has been increasing in size by leaps and bounds daily, if not twice a day.

Currently we have the limit set to 252 000 KB, which should be adequate for the file in question, which weighs in on disk at just under 251 000 KB, but in fact 252 000 KB causes the file to be skipped, while 253 000 allows the file to be indexed, but throws the warning. It's no big deal, and we haven't really seen any noticeable drop in performance.
      Richard

Comment

RAM used also depends a lot on how many threads are used for indexing. Several memory buffers are used in each thread (up to the max document size), so 10 threads will use nearly 10x the RAM as 1 thread.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll see if the reduction of the number of threads resolves the issue.

This thread factor may also be involved in the issue I raised in my other post about a logged error concerning .tmp file not being found in the output directory when running two simultaneous instances of Zoom with max. threads configured.
          Richard

Comment

Working...
          X