Feature request: export categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: export categories

The ability to export categories was a wish list item for v. 7, could it be added to v. 8 as well, please?

It would certainly save me a lot of trouble having to copy categories from one particular config, file, reformat them to suit the one-category-per line, comma-separated import file format, globally edit the file, create new entries, consolidate entries from several such files, remove duplicates, etc., then import it into the same or another config file.
    Richard

Noted your request and its on our list of things to consider.

Have you also considered making a copy of the .zcfg file (with the categories you want), and then editing all the other settings in that configuration to suit your second config. Instead of starting with a fresh .zcfg file.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Greetings Ray,

Thanks for the tip. Yes I have done that, too, and while it's certainly workable, it's more of a pain when having to change ordering of entries, both at the category level, and because of . The exported one-line-per-entry file facilitates this sort of manipulation, as well as making it easier to parse visually, at least for me.
      Richard

Comment

Working...
      X