Highlighting Problem with Italics in Quoted Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlighting Problem with Italics in Quoted Text

I am experiencing a highlighting problem when I am searching under these conditions: 1) searching an exact phrase of text that is enclosed in quotes, and 2) the phrase includes an italicized word (i.e., bracketed by <i> and </i> in the HTML).

The entire phrase highlights properly in the initial list of results that displays on the search page. The problem is this: When I click the link in the initial list of results, I am directed to the appropriate page, but the phrase does NOT highlight. If I search the same phrase without quotes the phrase will highlight on the page, but all other words in the phrase also highlight, which clutters the display with undesired highlighting. (While my specific problem involves the <i> tag, it also appears that similar problems occur when <b> <span> etc. HTML tags are contained within quoted text.)

I am using 8.0 build 1004, PHP platform, on a Windows 10 laptop. I checked and rechecked the Zoom settings and read the manual without success. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

It's a known limitation in the "Jump to highlighting" feature. From this page:
    https://www.zoomsearchengine.com/zoo...ht.html#limits

Another limitation of this feature is that it will fail to highlight text separated by HTML tags. This can also cause some exact phrases to be not highlighted if some words in the phrase are separated by a tag. Note that this limitation only exists in regards to highlighting on the actual page. Highlighting on the search results page (and the context descriptions) works fine regardless of the tags, because this uses the actual index data.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X