No announcement yet.

Problem with ftp (hang after 4th file)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ftp (hang after 4th file)

I've a problem with automatic file upload via ftp.

The system hang after the 4th file:

14:35:38 - [UPLOAD] Queuing files for upload ...
    14:35:41 - [UPLOAD] C:\Programmi\Zoom Search Engine 4.2\pi_data\search.asp uploaded
    14:35:42 - [UPLOAD] C:\Programmi\Zoom Search Engine 4.2\pi_data\settings.asp uploaded
    14:35:42 - [UPLOAD] C:\Programmi\Zoom Search Engine 4.2\pi_data\search_template.html uploaded
    14:36:06 - [UPLOAD] C:\Programmi\Zoom Search Engine 4.2\pi_data\zoom_dictionary.zdat uploaded
    15:41:15 - [ERROR] FTP upload error: La connessione al server è stata reimpostata
    15:41:15 - [ERROR] FTP upload error: La connessione al server è stata reimpostata

Can you help me with this problem?

It might have been a one off error caused by an internet disconnection or the like.

Can you attempt the upload again from the Tools / Upload files menu option in Zoom.

If you still have a problem, do you have any 3rd party FTP software to attempt the upload with. It is also possible you have an error on the server side. (e.g. no free disk space)

Comment

No, all is ok on server. And if i use an external ftp software there are no problem.

If i schedule an indexer and then upload it hang after 4th file.

How can i solve the problem???

Comment

This is not a known problem and no one else has reported this. This is in fact an error reported by the Windows O/S and not Zoom. (Which is why the message in in Italian)

What are the size of the index files you are trying to upload?

You last E-Mail implies this only happens if the upload was part of scheduled job and OK other otherwise. Is this the case?

Can you try temporarily changing the upload directory on the server. Maybe the files are lock on the server preventing them from being overwritten.

What version of Zoom and Windows are you using?

Is the error always the same?
        "La connessione al server è stata reimpostata"

Comment

I've tested with blank folder on ftp and i've the some problem.
          I've testes it also without the schedule.

I can only upload on server with my ws ftp client and not with internal ftp.

wordmap = 9300 K
          dictionary = 791 K
          settings = 4
          search = 4

after it hang. i must upload manually the other files.

Comment

Think we've found a possible cause of this problem. Various FTP servers have different timeout delays in place, and if an upload takes particularly long, it is possible that the server closes the FTP control connection (despite the data connection still being active) which causes Zoom to freeze up. This should only typically occur with very large index files that take a long time to upload, or a very slow Internet connection, or a FTP server with a low timeout. We are investigating fixes for this and they will be added to the next release. In the meantime, if you are having this problem, upload your files with a 3rd party FTP client (making sure to select BINARY mode transfer for all files).
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ok, now i'll check at my ftp server (ws ftp) for timeout option but i think that is not possible to set it.

The problem is that you'll ask me to pay for upgrade to version 5....

Comment

I think you are confusing the FTP server and the FTP client. Or are you really using WS FTP on both the server and the client? WS FTP server is an expensive product (> $500). If the WS FTP client is working for you, with your server, then there is nothing to change, check nor set. You might also try switching to FTP PASV mode in Zoom, as this might change the timeout behaviour of the server.

Comment

yes, i've both server and client....

Comment

Version 5 is a free upgrade for users who purchased the software 6 months prior to its release. See this thread for details:
                    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1124
                    --Ray
                    Wrensoft Web Software
                    Sydney, Australia
                    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                    X