Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with <!--ZOOMSTOP-->

Hi --

I'm hoping you can help me figure out why <!--ZOOMSTOP--> and <!--ZOOMRESTART--> don't seem to be working.

To recreate my steps...
    From this page: http://www.bgtest.thelegatogroup.com/ search on the term "buday". On the results page for item #2 the first several lines of the description consist of text from the main nav in the #header DIV and the subnav from the #leftsidebar DIV. I don't understand why text from the main nav is appearing here, though. I inserted the <!--ZOOMSTOP--> and <!--ZOOMRESTART-->.

What's curious, though, is if you look at #6 in the list you'll see that neither the main nav text nor the text from the subnav appear in the description.

My questions are...
    What am I doing wrong with my application of <!--ZOOMSTOP--> and <!--ZOOMRESTART--> and...

Why do some pages list the nav in the description and others do not.

Thanks for your help.
    John

The most likely reason is that your cache contains old copies of your pages before you added these tags in. Click on "Configure" in Zoom, and make sure to check "Reload all files (do not use cache)" on the "General" options tab.

You will need to re-index after changing this option for it to take effect.

PS. I noticed that your footer is not being enclosed in a ZOOMSTOP tag at the moment and you will probably want to exclude that too.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X