Problem with Zoom not picking up PDF titles and meta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Zoom not picking up PDF titles and meta

I am using Zoom Pro on our dealer extranet. I just installed it two weeks ago and am still getting our PDF's into proper shape (document properties like title etc) before I release it to the dealer group.

All was working great, it was pulling up titles and metas with no problem and then bang. It no longer is showing the titles or meta data from the PDF's? I double checked the config setup and the checkboxes are there on Index options and results output but only the filename comes up in the search?

What is really weird is that it WAS working and a couple of index's later, it does not. Any ideas what I did wrong? The PDF files show in the search results but it is only showing the file name, not the title or meta info.

I don't know why it work suddenly stop working unless the settings were changed. I can only suggest a systematic hunt for the cause.

1) Check the meta data in the PDF is correct and that you aren't indexing old copies of the file.

2) Check the Zoom configuration again. In particular make sure the "Retrieve Internal meta data" check box is checked. This setting can be found in here: Configuration => Scan options => Click on .PDF => Configure => Retrieve Internal meta data.

3) Check that this is the configuration file you are using. (Maybe you have more than 1 configuration file and are getting confused as to which one is in use).

If you still have a problem can you E-mail us one of the PDF files and your Zoom configuration file.

Comment

Sorry for the trouble. It is working again. I deleted all the search files on the remote server and started from scratch.....that did it!

Chances are, I messed something up

I love the search engine! It is proving to be a perfect solution for our dealer extranet of about 3,000 PDF documents. The search speed is good and the ability to tweak the settings in the config panel really makes this powerful. I am excited to release it once we have had a chance to go through and update all the titles and Meta data on the PDF's.

Excellent product!!!

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X