Search Results Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Results Missing

Love the product, can't get basic feature to work, would really appreciate some help before I buy. Including detailed information for your analysis. My problem is the search engine cannot find content on the two test pages linked directly from my main page.

Used Dreamweaver to create standard links
    Using go daddy as host with Linux

utilizing PHP configuration on the search engine

searching " content of the page " is enabled as well as every other option in the search engine configuration

just doing some basic tests here's what the main index HTML file looks like:
    flash header
    text box with some text and two links both going to dummy pages which say just one word, *test* which is what I will search for.

All files uploaded to Web server.

I run the indexing process referencing the index.html file I just described.
    Verbose mode on:
    no files skipped
    Files indexed count:=1

also in the configuration scan options I had HTML and HTM selected to be scanned.

When I do a search on the webpage, results=0

in theory it should go to my main index page find the two links spider into them?

What could possibly be the problem? Thanks in advance!
    Marcin

There are these 3 FAQ questions that cover this general issue.

Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?
    Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?
    Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

But I suspect it might be something really simple that is the problem, as it seems to be a fairly straight forward test scenario.

You could also try turning off file caching. (from the general tab in the Zoom configuration window). Maybe you are indexing an old cached copy of your test page.

If you still have a problem can you post the URL to the test page.

Comment

Working...
    X