coudnt figure out how to get results from an asp.net page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coudnt figure out how to get results from an asp.net page

I'm attaching my page for your review. I think I'm making mistakes if you please check and correct my file I'll be glad...
    Attached Files

Your ASPX script worked fine on our IIS6 server. Did you follow all the ASP.NET instructions here?

Was there any error messages? I think you need to supply some more details about your problem before we can have a guess at the solution.

Comment

you can check the error from here:

http://localhost/accuartcomtr/dynami...=5&Submit.y=11

Comment

The URL starts with //localhost. This means the web page is on your local machine.

Which I don't have access to.

Comment

oopss

sorry for the wrong url
          use this please;

http://accuart.arvin.web.tr/dynamic/...oom_query=test

Comment

The error is, "The system cannot find the file specified" on line 18,
            Dim proc As Process = Process.Start(psi)

If you had included the error message in your initial post it would have saved 4 days of correspondance. Anyway.

This line of ASP.NET code calls the search.cgi script. As detailed in the ASP.NET instructions here. The ASPX script is just a wrapper from the CGI. In a lot of cases you don't really need the ASPX script. You can just use the CGI directly (without a wrapper).

So I am guessing you haven't installed the search.cgi script in the same directory as the search.aspx script? And this causes the error.

As you are clearly have problems with ASP.NET and the CGI, I would suggest trying to use the classic ASP script option (search.asp). It is quicker to install and doesn't require nearly as much technical knowledge.

Comment

Working...
            X