PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre sale question...private cat and public cat...possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre sale question...private cat and public cat...possible?

May this script handles public areas and privates ones!??

Let say you have 2 types of membership, not 20 types just 2 types. One is public, open to all, the other is private.

The php script I use can create private categories. If someone is a member, he logs on, input his password and than have access to these very specific cat. The script works with cookies.

Members have access to:
    public cat
    private cat.

Non members just to:
    public categories.

My goal is to have a search script that, once the site is indexed, can displays results "depending" of the membership.

If member=all index files are searchable
    not a member=just the public index files

Is this possible with your script or do I am just dreaming here??

Thanks

Roger

Some options.

1) You create two sets of index files. Set 1 is contains all content. Set 2 contains just the public content. You then restrict access to Set 1 by placing it in the private section of your web site. So you effectively switch search functions once the user logs in.

2) You create a single set of index files, but with 2 categories. Public content and all content. You then write some additional scripting to force the category selection based on if the user is logged in. This would require a small amount of customisation to do this. But as we provide the PHP score code for our script you could do this yourself if you know a little PHP.

See also this FAQ question.
    How do I index protected parts of my website requiring user authentication?

Comment

Working...
    X