Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I doing somthing wrong? no text field in search page

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I'm trying to do the most basic function of this search software, which is generate a search page. When I index my site and chek my search page template the page has no form field options on it. All I see is this:

Search this site
    Enter one or more keywords to search for using the Zoom Search Engine.
    Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported.

I retried this about 20times. I read all the instructions and FAQ's. I've set my configuration of search layout page to basic and advanced and I still get the same result for the search result template. I'm working on a site thats on my harddrive. I want to modify the page then upload to my server. I'm just confused as to why my search page form fields arent appearing.

Please help! Sorry if this is a newb question but I dont know what else to do. It seems that this software works great for everyone so I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for looking + thanks to wrensoft for the software

I read all the instructions and FAQ's
    The search form is generated by the script when the script runs & is not in the template file.

See this FAQ question.
    Q. Why is there no search form on my search page?

This is also covered in section 5.5 of the Zoom Users guide,
    "5.5 Where is my search page?"

There are also also a few posts in the forum asking the same question.
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227

Comment

Thank you very much, I apologize for the newb question. I guess I shoulda searched more thoroughly haha. Ill send you a link of my website when its up.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X