Authentication Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentication Question

My company just purchased Zoom Enterprise to add search functionality to our ever growning Intranet. We are running Windows 2000 server with IIS 5. FrontPage 2000 (believe me, I hate it too) unfortunately is our guidelined editor. Some of our directories on the webserver are secured using the users account on the domain server. If you have access to the page when browsing, no password is required, the requested page is displayed. If you do not have access, then the HTTP auth window is displayed.

My question: Is there a way to index/search the site so that only the authorized links are displayed? We have several common area computers and I don't want them to search on an employee name and see a link to some restriced documents even if they do not have access.

I hope that all makes sense. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You might be able to use the categories feature, but I think the safest approach is to build 2 sets of index files. A full set and an restricted set. Then only make the restricted set available to normal users.

In the restricted set you would skip indexing of the folders that contained sensitive information.

Comment

Working...
    X