Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Search Page in Existing ASP template

Hi all,

we have just bought the professional edition - excellent tool. We do however have one slighht problem, we need the search page to look like all of the other pages on the site, all of which have ASP recordsets which generate the menus and headers. I have read your manual but can not see how to do this, I can't attached the code of the page that we want the search results to appear on as it is to long, but can send file? -

Would be really grateful for advice on how to do this -

Thanks

Either,
    1) Edit the search_template.html file we provide to look like you other pages. e.g. using Dreamweaver.

OR

2) Rename your existing template file to be search_template.html and add in the CSS and tags required (i.e. merge your file with the supplied search_template.html file).

OR

3) If you have dymanic headers and footers, generated with a script, then see this FAQ.

Comment

Followed Zoom search FAQ but getting JScript Error

Hi Wrensoft,

Thanks for the prompt responce, i have followed the instructions on the FAQ, but when testing the site now i get the following error -

Microsoft JScript compilation error '800a03ec'

Expected ';'

/ParishWebsites/SearchEngine/search.asp, line 2

Dim UseUTF8, Charset, NoCharset, MapAccents, MinWordLen, Highlighting, GotoHighlight, PdfHighlight, TemplateFilename, FormFormat, Logging, LogFileName
      ----^
      The intial page with search form on can be found here -

http://www.netsolva.co.uk/ParishWebsites

The results page with error on is here -

http://www.netsolva.co.uk/ParishWebs...gareth&GoBu=GO

Appreciate your assistance with resolving this.

Many thanks

Comment

I've just read the "Q. I am getting an error "Microsoft JScript compilation ..." " FAQ and tried including the
        <%@ LANGUAGE="VBScript" %>
        code before the
        <!--#include file="search.asp"-->
        code on my custum ASP JavaScript searchresults page, however i get the following error -

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0141'

Page Command Repeated

/ParishWebsites/SearchEngine/searchresults.asp, line 211

The @ command can only be used once within the Active Server Page.
        This is because the
        <%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
        is used at the top of the page to hyighlight that it is an ASP JS page.

I'm really stuck now Grateful for your help -

The line that introduces the Search.ASP file now reads -

<!--#include file="search.asp"--><%@ LANGUAGE="VBScript" %>
        Thanks for your help -

Comment

The link you posted to your searchresults.asp page just gives a HTTP 500 Internal server error.

Searchresults.asp is not our script. So we don't know what is in it, nor what is wrong with it.

...my custum ASP JavaScript searchresults
          I also think you are getting yourself (and me) confused. You have mentioned JScript, ASP, VBScript and Javascript in your last post. These are not all the same thing.

I am assuming you have a page header and footer being generated by an ASP page (coded in VBscript). Is this correct? Or are you using client side Javascript, or server side ASP/JScript?

Comment

ASP Javascript

Hi,

We're using ASP JavaScript pages generated by Dreamweaver, the SearchReasults file contains all of the recordsets needed to generate the CSS Navigation Bar and banner text etc - very similar to http://www.netsolva.co.uk/parishwebsites/
            What i'm trying to do is display the zoom results in the same format, therefore i followed the FAQ you sent, which involved inserting the include file script, however this produces the following error -

Microsoft JScript compilation error '800a03f7'

Unterminated string constant

/parishwebsites/SearchEngine/search.asp, line 2

' ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

Thanks for your help -

Comment

Working...
            X