Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem scheduling automatic indexing

Hi:

I have been trying to schedule automatic indexing of about 30 websites. I am facing problem as not all of the websites are indexed automatically as per the scheduled time. Nevertheless, there are a few of them which automatically trigger the process and index the website automatically.

Can you please let me know, if there is anything in particular that i need to take care while indexing the website automatically? and what could be the reason for the above mentioned problem? Is there a particular number of websites that are fixed that can be indexed automatically at any given point of time?

Thanks in advance!

The scheduling function actually uses the Windows scheduler. You can open this up from the Windows control panel. So we don't impose any limits on how many jobs you schedule. Windows might have some limit, but I would imagine that it is much higher than 30 jobs.

You should try an avoid having multiple instances of Zoom running at the same time on the same machine. Both for performance reasons and because the various instances might overwrite each others files unless you are careful. Try and estimate the run time of each job and schedule the jobs to be in queued in series (one after another). e.g. each small job on the half hour.

Also initially turn on debug logging in Zoom so that you can see if there were any errors. Maybe the job started but errored out straight away.

Comment

Search Statistics Report

Thanks Ray! I have scheduled the tasks at different time and am hopeful that this should work fine today.

Can I request some more assistance from you as i am customising ZOOM to suit my company website?. I was also looking for generating a search statistics report. Can you please provide me with the detailed step by step procedure to create a log file and generate a statistics report please?

Thanks!

Comment

If you have not already done so, you should download and refer to the Users Guide here:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

You will find chapter 6 - "How do I customize the look of my search page?" useful. You should also refer to the "How to" section of the FAQs for more information:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/index.html#howtos

Chapter 2.6 ("Search Statistics Report") will explain the reports generation, and the following FAQ will explain how to create/enable search word logging on your server (requires some familiarity with server-side permissions):
        Q. How do I enable search word logging?

Hope that helps. Remember to look through the Users Guide and the FAQs first if you have any other questions.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X