Annoying Bug When Embedding search.asp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Bug When Embedding search.asp

I need to embed my search.asp script into a template. The template uses server-side includes so I can't use search_template.html.

I tried using the tips suggested here: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_ssi.html

First, I tried including "search.asp" within my main page "search.aspx" using <!-- #include file="search.asp"--> . This gave me the following error:

----
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30289: Statement cannot appear within a method body. End of method assumed.

Source Error:

Line 44: end if
    Line 45:
    Line 46: Function MapPath(path)
    Line 47: Dim IsHSP
    Line 48: on error resume next
    ----

Why????

Then I tried not embedding search.asp at all and instead manually inserted the html into search.asp. This works, but the problem is that whenever I rerun the Zoom Search Tool to re-index the files, the search.asp page gets overwritten and the template gets erased! I tried finding a way so that the Zoom Search Tool would ONLY index without rewriting search.asp, but there doesn't seem to be any option.

What should I do now?

Originally posted by SMBDeveloper View Post
    I tried using the tips suggested here: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_ssi.html

First, I tried including "search.asp" within my main page "search.aspx" using <!-- #include file="search.asp"--> . This gave me the following error:
    Why????
    Because you're using the method for ASP in your ASPX file. They are not the same thing. The instructions you should be following, are the ones given for ASPX specifically here:
    Q. How do I create an ASP.NET (or ASPX) search page?

Originally posted by SMBDeveloper View Post
    Then I tried not embedding search.asp at all and instead manually inserted the html into search.asp. This works, but the problem is that whenever I rerun the Zoom Search Tool to re-index the files, the search.asp page gets overwritten and the template gets erased! I tried finding a way so that the Zoom Search Tool would ONLY index without rewriting search.asp, but there doesn't seem to be any option.
    You can use a modified/customized search script if you like, but you need to do this the proper way. See section 4.7 and 2.2.18 of the Users Guide. You can either modify the original source file to make your changes permanent or create a customized copy stored in a folder of your choice and setup your ZCFG config to use a custom script source path.

Note that we don't recommend this because you will need to reapply your changes each time you upgrade to a new build where we may have made changes, or fixed bugs in the script.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      Because you're using the method for ASP in your ASPX file. They are not the same thing. The instructions you should be following, are the ones given for ASPX specifically here:
      Q. How do I create an ASP.NET (or ASPX) search page?

This was the problem. I converted the aspx file to an asp file, and it is working now. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X