Max Files Limit Exceeded Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Files Limit Exceeded Error

With the number of pages I thought I was indexing, I did not expect to exceed the current setting of "max files to index". It seems that files skipped due to being on another domain are still counted in the number of pages indexed? I can reset the limit to solve this problem now;however, after exceeding the limit THIS one time, the ZOOM program displayed an error and when I checked the data in the program, all data in forms had disappeared. All in the data had been erased in SCAN OPTIONS, SKIP OPTIONS, SYNONYMS and CATEGORY.

Skip word list

Also, what is the default "skip word list" list I can replace back in the form since my "skip word list" was erased.

Comment

The maximum page limit depends on the edition of the software that you are using. For the free edition it is 50 pages. For the Enterprise edition there is no fixed page limit (but you will still be limited by available RAM & disk space).

It is also possible to manually set the limit to a lower level than the maximum.

Files that are skipped are never counted towards the limit.

The configuration options should never to deleted, like as you have described. Do you remember the exact sequence of actions that led up to this problem? Can you reproduce the issue? Are you sure you didn't just load a different configuration file?

The default word skip list is,
      and
      or
      the
      it
      is
      an
      on
      we
      us
      to
      of
      has
      be
      all
      for
      in
      as
      so
      are
      that
      can
      you
      at
      its
      by
      have
      with
      into

Comment

Using Pro Edition

I'm using the Pro Edition. I don't remember anything different or unusual I did. The error occured when the index count hit 1001 according to the stats. The max file count was set to 1000. What should happen if the max count is reached? I've since increased the limits to cover anything I will do now.

Comment

When the maximum number of pages is reached, indexing will simply stop and finish writing out the index files. The index files created are complete and will work for searching the 1000 pages you have indexed so far.

Files that are skipped are not counted towards the limit. Can you give us an example of what makes you think this is happening?

And as mentioned above, the configurations should not blank out unless you loaded a different configuration file, or perhaps you have come across a bug. We have not yet had any other reports of such behaviour however. If you can reproduce it, then please let us know.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X