Problem logging statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem logging statistics

I have recently set up Zoom Search for our Web site and have been unable to get it to log our search statistics. Our search form is available at www.semls.org/search/search.asp. In the configuration, I have checked off search logging and specified the log filename as ../logs/searchwords.log. I have enabled write permissions on the logs directory at the root of the site. However, Zoom hasn't logged any searches and hasn't created a searchwords.log file.

Am I missing something?

TIA

At the bottom of your search results there is this error message,

"Unable to write to log file (). Check that you have specified the correct log filename in your Indexer settings and that you have the required file permissions set."

So it would seem that the ASP script does not have permission to write the log file. But the log file name should appear between the () in the error message. So it might be that you still have a problem in the configuration of the log file name.

After setting the log file name, have you re-indexed your site and re-uploaded al the files (especially the settings.asp file)?

Comment

In case you haven't already, you should also refer to this support page on setting up logging: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/logging.html
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X