Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta Keywords not Indexed

Hi there,
    I'm using v5, and I set the config to only index the page title, file name, meta description and meta keywords. The first three are indexed perfectly, but the meta keywords are omitted from the zoom_pagedata.zdat file.

What I see in that file is results like this:

http://www.mysite.com/directory/index.htm|My Page Title|My meta description||

I have double-checked, and the config is definitely set to index the meta keywords as well. I've checked page coding and the meta keywords tag is properly formed. What's happening?

Keywords are not stored in the zoom_pagedata.zdat. So this is all normal behaviour.

However you should see the keywords in the zoom_dictionary.zdat file.

DON'T edit, or even open re-save, either of these files however, you risk corrupting them.

These files are really internal files and 99% of users don't need to be concerned with the content of the files.

Comment

I get it. What I actually wanted to do was not to create a site search but rather to get a list of files with their associated meta descriptions, titles, urls, and meta keywords (these are all old static files that I need to put into a database). So having the keywords stored separately makes perfect sense for creating a searchable database, but not for my purposes.

Oh, well.

Comment

Working...
      X