Will this work with my webpage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this work with my webpage?

Hello! I am really new to the webpage building scheme. I am currently trying to build my second website. I was refered to this service via another forum, and was told that you may be able to help me.

On my website template i have a search bar, which I want to be able to utilize. I would like the search bar to be able to scan my whole site, not just the individual page. My site will probably be about 90 pages deep, when it is all done.

Here is my site where you can see my template www.secretsofwealthandprosperity.com/test.html

As I said earlier, I am very new to all of this (working hard to learn as much as I can). My questions are these: Will this product work with my site? If so, will it work in a way that I won't have to change my template around? How easy is it to get the search bar to work, and is thee support broken down in a way that I might be able to understand?

Oh also, if it makes a difference, I am building this website with Microsoft Expression. Thank you!

Yes it should work.

You will need to make a small change to your template so that the search form on each page has the correct 'action'. e.g.
    <form method="get" action="/search/search.php">

At the moment your test site appears to only have 1 page, so I can't really comment with any authority on how it will handle the pages that don't exist.

Comment

About it working with other pages: is there any prep work that needs to be done to the pages so that the search bar can scan each page?

How does the search bar on each page work; as far as; does it pick out certain phrases or keywords? Or do I have to load somewhere the expected keywords that might be looked up, and manually put those areas into the search form for it to see results?

Thank you for your response!

Comment

You will find a comprehensive explanation of how Zoom works in our Users Guide, which is a free PDF download.

Your questions are answered in the first Overview chapter, in particular, chapter 1.5 "How Zoom works". You should then have a better idea of what Zoom does. The "search bar" itself does not perform the searching, it is the search script that does this, and you will see that you need to run the Indexer to scan your website and create the index files that the search script uses.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X