Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Results Per Page

UPDATED: Monday Dec. 10, 2007
    Please cancel the request below. I found the needed script in search.php (line 121) file.

================================================== ===============

Can someone advise me how to change the default Search Results Per Page option. I would like to change the default Results Per Page from "10" to "20"

My site (http://pcrepair.50webs.net/) is designed so the Search que is in the head of all web pages. The script for this to work runs perfect (see below).

Code:
    <form action="[B]Search/search.php[/B]" method="get" name="search"
    class="zoom_searchform">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" maxlength="255" size="15"
    class="zoom_searchbox" />
    <input type="submit" value="Search" /></form>
    where Search/search.php is the path to your search page.

One more thing: I enjoy ZOOM search script and have been looking to incorporate a Search feature more than one year now. I'm just now getting time to do so, and just dreaded having to use Google/Yahoo as an alternative Search provider. The ZOOM software has now allowed me to contain a search engine within my domain itself, and without having the guest leaving my site. I also really like the feature of ZOOM creating a Google and Yahoo site map. That was an extra bonus !!! Too many nice features to mention.

Thank you in advance.

Tom C.
    Site Owner
    Last edited by David; Dec-13-2007, 09:39 PM. Reason: modified request

There is also a way to do this without modifying the script.

You can pre-select the "results per page" setting by either linking to the search page with an extra parameter (eg. instead of simply linking to "search.php", link to "search.php?zoom_per_page=20") or you can define your own search form (see below) with the per page option specified in a hidden input tag.

Code:

<input type="hidden" name="zoom_per_page" value="5">

Comment

Working...
    X