I need a clue! - Links not being found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a clue! - Links not being found

Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong? I had this working perfectly until an upgrade went through now I cannot figure it out to save my life.

I'm trying to index this page put my search will not pick up any links.

http://thetruckpeople.autorevo.com/default.aspx

I can only pick those links up if I type them in directly into the Incremental Indexing - Add a start point.
    This is the link/linkgs I need to find and index. Example if I add the link below to the Add a start point it will find it -

http://thetruckpeople.autorevo.com/webtemplate.aspx?iid=225140

Any ideas would be great! Please help. I have tried every think I know..

Thanks in advance

I had a look at this page. There are no HTML links on this page, and that is why the links are not being followed. 95% of the content on this page is generted by Javascript executing in the browser.

This prevents Zoom and other spiders (like Google) from following any links on the page.

Try turning off Javascript in Internet Explorer, then browsing the page in question. The page is almost empty except for a HTML header and footer.

See also this comment from the, Official Google Guidelines,
    "Use a text browser such as Lynx to examine your site, because most search engine spiders see your site much as Lynx would. If fancy features such as JavaScript, cookies, session IDs, frames, DHTML, or Flash keep you from seeing all of your site in a text browser, then search engine spiders may have trouble crawling your site."

Comment

thanks

I thought something like that was going on. Totally confusing thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. I love the Zoom Search engine it has made me look like a super star!

Question?

I got around this by down loading my inventory into an Excel file and building the links that way. Will the Zoom site map feature help Google find my links?

Comment

Hmmm. I feel a bit like the Google help desk. But anyway, from the Official Google Help. "Sitemaps are particularly helpful if your site has pages that aren't easily discovered by Googlebot during the crawl process - for example, pages featuring rich AJAX or Flash".

Comment

Working...
        X