Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enterprise edition CGI Issues...

Hi all,

Still rather new to Zoom so please bear with me here. I am working on an internal project using the enterprise version of the Zoom engine in CGI mode. After a lot of frustration (sorry guys your documentation of the cgi interface is rather light when compared to php and asp... its been a fun couple of days ) I have it working more or less with just a couple issues:

First I only want the content sub directory to be indexed, not the rest of the application… so I am using the file option for html files in the ./content/ directory, this seems to work fine. However I want this to eventually run automatically so I am just having the index run on the server directly and it keeps re-writing the search.cgi file which screws p the file permissions. (IIS seems to need write and execute on this file, not just execute…) This happens every time I index and I have not figured out any way to disable it from writing the search.cgi file….

Second I want to have the search results and search window use my “search.asp” file which has the look and feel and navigation that is consistent with the rest of the site. I have specified the embedding script as ./search.asp and I see the following behavior:
    • When I search from my page (search.asp) it brings up the template page with the search results.
    • When I search from the template page that results from the search above, it displays in my search.asp page….

So I guess my question is how do I get it to stop “flip flopping” between the pages?

Thanks in advance.
    There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand Binary and those who don't.

There is detailed FAQ for installing the CGI here. In fact we put much more effort into this CGI page, than for PHP and ASP (as the CGI is harder to install).

See this FAQ page for calling the CGI from ASP.

There is never any writing done to the search.cgi file. But if you think it wll help you can prevent the search.cgi from being overwritten by,
    - Checking the Custom Script Source box (on the advanced tab)
    - Enter in a dummy path, eg. c:\ for the path
    - Save the new configuration.

This will generate a warning at the end of indexing, but you can ignore that message.

Also if you upgrade in the future you need to remember to manually update the search.cgi file.

Comment

Thanks but there was a second question....

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry I did see the CGI FAQ but it did not seem to answer my questions on its own...

Specifically the second question:
      Second I want to have the search results and search window use my “search.asp” file which has the look and feel and navigation that is consistent with the rest of the site. I have specified the embedding script as ./search.asp and I see the following behavior:

* When I search from my page (search.asp) it brings up the template page with the search results.
      * When I search from the template page that results from the search above, it displays in my search.asp page….

So I guess my question is how do I get it to stop “flip flopping” between the pages?
      Thanks again!
      There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand Binary and those who don't.

Comment

I believe the 2nd question was covered in this FAQ.
        Calling the CGI from ASP.
        Isn't it?

Comment

Working...
        X