CMS integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMS integration

Any plans on makeing Zoom integration with CMS systems - a "breeze"?

How about a role maneger add-on, could work like categories - just separated.

Today I use categories for role manegment, and it's not pretty (but it work).

Regards
    Hessner

The are more than 100 CMS systems on the market. Many of which are fairly convoluted to use, before even trying to add search. Others are so badly designed and coded that adding anything to them is nearly impossible.

So there is no hope that we can cover them all. But we have tried to cover some of the more popular ones. There are tutorials here for DotNetNuke Moodle Mambo and Joomla. Plus details for message boards such as PHPBB, UBB and vBulletin.

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

I was hoping for a new "Roles" tab, side by side with the "Category" tab.
      It should work exactly like categories, but with this separation CMS systems dident have to mix roles/category together when roles were needed.

Comment

Do you like the idea?

Comment

It doesn't seem practical due to the large number of different incompatible CMS systems on the market.

Comment

If the roles tab ware implemented, every CMS system would have something to code up against, and wouldent (like today) have to mess up the use of categories(when trying to get them acting like roles).

I think we are talking about different things, all I would like to see are a new roles tab(just like the category tab - a copy) that would need some manual coding from my side, not a role system that would/could integrate automaticly into every CMS system on the planet - I agree, such a system are not realistic.

Comment

If there is no integration with a CMS systems or LDAP or JAAS or Kerberos (or any of the dozen other systems that are used to identify users), then what would a 'roles' configuration window in Zoom actually do?

I think you are saying that it wouldn't actually do anything by itself and that you would need to write a bunch of custom code to intergrate to your other systems. Which is already the case today. But the majority of our users can't write code. I also don't think a copy of the categories tab would be sufficient for generalized user / document permissions management.

Comment

Yes, you understood me correct.

The "Roles" tab should just be a copy of the categories tab. With no more functionallity implemented, that are on the categories tab today.

The reason is that I am using the categories tab for controlling my roles, and this prevent me from using categories "out of the box".

I see the "Roles" tab beeing as simple as the categories tab - simply the same. But it would "free" categories from beeing mixed up in a role based system. And yes, every CMS system could use it as it please (as with the categories today).

Hope this will "grow on you"

Comment

Working...
                X