filname or folder path specified for the index log is invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filname or folder path specified for the index log is invalid

hello, maybe bug maybe not, some times i recive this kind of error, at the beginnnig i tought it happens when i run two instances of zoom but finally i realaise it happens also with one instance, i emailed you screen shot and hijack hope this will help
    thank you ewa

We had a look at your ZCFG file. The problem is as the error tells you, your folder path is invalid.

This is the path that you have specified:

E:\Programy\Zoom Search Engine 5.1\Zoom Search Engine 5.1\indexlog-noblejas
    I would guess that path doesn't actually exist, and you have "Zoom Search Engine 5.1" repeated accidentally.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

well ray, this path never changes - that why i post, it happens some times maybe becouse i have programs in other hd letter? but i thing im not allone in this? i just send it hijack and everything and i hope this will help to make better zoom and to avoid this kind of errors i'm not complaining i know restarting zoom is fixing this but who knows? maybe some one has similar problems...
      thank you ewa

Comment

The error is only displayed when you are on the "Index Log" tab of the Configuration window. We don't check this path when you start up Zoom. So if you have an incorrect path here, it will only warn you when you open up that tab of the Configuration window. If you don't go near that tab, it won't warn you.

We could add a warning on start up as well, I suppose. But in theory, this path should never be wrong in the first place. Did you modify the ZCFG file outside of Zoom (eg. in a text editor)?

If you fix your path in the Configuration window, and save your configuration, the error should not re-occur.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

ok, i have few zoom-configs stored on my hd and i do change sometimes they configuration for lernnig, but path stay intact (and is correct)
          ...displayed when you are on the "Index Log" tab
          it is possible this time happens when i was in "Index Log" what i do remember mostly happens when im working on configuration and clicking on "advanced" tab or maybe just changing (jumping from one tab to another)?
          when this error ocurrs config window become "unusuall" and zoom must be restarted... well the error can be closed and "safe index to file" unchecked but i did not test if zoom works correctly after that without restarting...
          Did you modify the ZCFG file outside of Zoom (eg. in a text editor)?
          no i did not edited ZCFG.
          im only working with starting points list in notepad2
          in first place i was thinking prob. occurs only when i start more then one instance of zoom, but not, sometime it happens with one zoom started...
          my E:\path is diferent partition on the same hd so we can say it shouldn't be ide connection problem...
          please note i'm not complaining and this occurs rarely, i know, mostly all of this kind of "problems" occurs because of configuration in our machines but i feel i should tell wrensoft about it.

ewa

Comment

hello,
            ok i delited all my logs and saved new ones, seems like everything is ok from now, just like i supposed the problem was in my end

thank you very ewa

Comment

Working...
            X