Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error: Access is denied

Hello,

When I use the Zoom Search locally it works fine. But it gives an error message when I try it on my server: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied. More specific at this point: Process proc = Process.Start(psi);

I already have tried to change the userrights on every file, but that didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have an idea?

greetz

You didn't say which version and platform of Zoom you are using. I presume you are using the CGI version on an ASP.NET web page as described in our FAQ here.

The steps on that FAQ page are important. You should first make sure your CGI is setup to run correctly before trying to use an ASP.NET page to execute it. You need to tell us what you have tried and what you haven't and provide as much information as possible on your usage scenario for us to help.

Judging from the error message, it is most likely a security configuration and permissions issue. Your server is likely not setup to run the CGI, or to allow the ASP.NET page to execute the CGI.

There's a detailed page here with information on setting up your IIS server for CGI support:
    Q. I need help setting up binary CGI support for my Windows IIS server
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

thx, I use indeed the cgi with asp.net. I will cycle trough these steps again.

Comment

I don't know if my server is set up to run cgi, but I have a cgi-bin folder. Is it necessary to put my cgi file in that folder?

Comment

Chances are, yes. Though it depends on how your server is setup. Your web hosting company should have instructions available on how to host CGI files on the server.

Remember that you will need to put all the search files (the ZDAT files, search_template.html, along with the CGI file) in the same folder.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Does anyone have an idea how I can reference to that cgi-bin folder?
            My files are stored in httpdocs folder. Cgi and zdat files in cgi-bin folder.

psi.FileName = Server.MapPath("../cgi-bin/search.cgi");

gives an error, cannot locate..

Comment

I have the same issue on the live server controlled by the ISP but not locally. The problem is that the cgi-bin directory only exists in the root web as a virual directory for me so the cgi path is /cgi-bin/search.cgi

I think you'll run into problems with the ".." value.

I'm going back to my ISP to check the permissions.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueVeinz View Post
                Does anyone have an idea how I can reference to that cgi-bin folder?
                My files are stored in httpdocs folder. Cgi and zdat files in cgi-bin folder.

psi.FileName = Server.MapPath("../cgi-bin/search.cgi");

gives an error, cannot locate..
                First, you might want to consider hosting the ASPX page within the "cgi-bin" folder if this is possible, to avoid any path issues. This should be the simplest option.

If you must host the ASPX page outside of the "cgi-bin" folder, you might need to try an exact file path (e.g. "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\user\cgi-bin\search.cgi"). As mentioned by the post above, your cgi-bin directory may be a virtual directory. Consult your web host for the exact path to your "cgi-bin" folder.

I am presuming your CGI's are working when called directly that you are proceeding to this step.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

this is my path:

psi.FileName = Server.MapPath(@"f:\inetpub\vhosts\xxx.be\subdomai ns\xxx\cgi-bin\search.cgi");

gives an error:

System.Web.HttpException: 'f:\inetpub\vhosts\xxx.be\subdomains\xxx\cgi-bin\search.cgi' is not a valid virtual path.

anyone?

Comment

I don't think you need to use Server.MapPath with an absolute path. But more information on how to use Server.MapPath is available here.

Try this instead:
                    Code:
                    psi.FileName = "f:\\inetpub\\vhosts\\xxx.be\\subdomains\\xxx\\cgi-bin\\search.cgi";
                    --Ray
                    Wrensoft Web Software
                    Sydney, Australia
                    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                    X