take something off in the url

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take something off in the url

i tried everything like skip list, crc and everything i could fin but i still get duplicated results. i know it is because my site automatically use cookies and put it to the url. so is there a way to avoid that to tell zoom that take off these string out of the url. here is my site.
    http://www.stewleonardsgifts.com/home.cfm
    thank you for your help.

Zoom never produces duplicate results, every URL in search result will be unique. So you might still be confused on that point (despite asking the same question via E-mail yesterday).

I think you are also confused about cookies. Cookies do not appear in the URL. In fact cookies are often used to avoid session ID strings appearing in URLs.

I don't know how your site works, but in most cases if you enable cookies (in a browser or in Zoom) then you don't get sessions IDs in URLs.

As already pointed out, if the pages with different URLs have truly 100% identical content, then you can use the CRC function in Zoom to filter them out..

Comment

Perhaps you can give us some examples of the URLs which you think are duplicates. Since we can't see the Zoom search function on your website, we don't really have anything to go by. Can you give us a URL to the search page, and show us examples of these "duplicates"?

I would suspect that the pages are actually different, but they appear to be similar in the search results due to the fact that many pages on your site has the same meta title and/or meta description.

Have you also excluded your navigation menus, headers and footers from being indexed as described in this FAQ?:
      Q. How do I prevent parts of my webpage from being indexed (eg. exclude navigation menus, or page footers)?
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X