Skipping sections of a page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipping sections of a page

I put Site News ASP aplication on my web pages, and created a ZOOM configuration file that indexes only site news pages. So I have only one starting point (it is default.asp page) and ZOOM is instructed to index page and follow internal links (it's default option).

I created aplication using footer and header asp files which I into other news application pages. Into header/footer files I put some site navigation links. So when ZOOM comes to such a page it is normal it checks the links. And that is a problem. I don't want ZOOM to do that.

So I found on page 44 of ZOOM Users Guide how to tell ZOOM not to follow links or even not to index something. I put comments as instructed, but it doesn't work. I used and around <!--include> tags (both header and footer), and also i tryed to put the same ZOOM commenting tag into header and footer file itselfe. And it's all the same. ZOOM follows all links but indicates in verbose window the link is skipped because it doesn't match base URL, what is OK, but I think it extends the indexing time.

Did I made something wrong, or it is a bug?
    Regards,
    Nenad

We are not aware of any bugs in this area.

Can you give us the URL of the page in question so that we can check the HTML code. Or can you post the HTML code if the page is not visable on the Internet.

---
    Thanks
    David

Comment

Sorry, we are not on-line, I mean you can not reach our page through the internet. We plan to be on-line early next year, and then it will be much easyer for you to see what problems we have (that's small problems).

OK, here is HTML code of the default.asp page I index. I would like ZOOM to skip links on the begining of the page as well on it's end. You see there I have 4 links to some other pages I don't want to index, because I indexed them with CGI version. I just want to index Site news pages. I deleted some expressions in code because we threat them as confidential (Ray knows the details) but they are not relevant.

Code:
      <html>
      <head>
      <title>Sustav vijesti</title>
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">

<script language="javascript1.2" type="text/javascript" src="/Skripte/NewWindow.js"></script>
      <link href="/News/news/Style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
      </head>
      <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#333333">

<table width="100%"  border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#363466">
        <tr>
          <td width="12%">[img]/images/POA_maliTemplate/POA_mali45px_r1_c1.jpg[/img]</td>
          <td width="46%">[url="http&#58;//www.POA.hr"][img]/Slike/Link/home_mali.gif[/img][/url] [url="http&#58;//www.POA.hr"]POA Home[/url]</td>
          	<td width="29%" nowrap>
      		<div id="search">
      		  <form action="/News/search_news/search.asp" method="get" name="trazilica" id="trazilica">
               <span class="p_bijelaSlova">Pretraži arhivu vijesti&#58;</span>     
               <input name="zoom_query" type="text" id="zoom_query" size="15">
               <input name="Submit" type="submit" id="gumbTrazi" value=" Traži ">         
                </form>
          </div></td>
          <td width="13%" align="right">[img]/images/POA_maliTemplate/POA_mali45px_r1_c3.jpg[/img]</td>
        </tr>
      </table>

<------ SNIP-------CODE REMOVED----->

</p>
      	<tr> 
           <td class="textTable">[b][url="news_item.asp?NewsID=x"]News title[/url][/b] <span class="smText">[i]- xx. xx xxxx[/i]</span>

News text News text News text News text News text News text News text News text News text News text
      	[url="news_item.asp?NewsID=x"]više...[/url]
      	</td>
          </tr>

Comment

Forgot to log-in

Sorry guys,

but I forgot to log-in before submiting the post!

So I posted the code as a guest user. Sorry again!
        Regards,
        Nenad

Comment

The problem is that you have used,

instead of

The difference is very small. You have two extra space characters in the code you have used on your web page. But you actually got it right in your initial post.

Zoom is not very smart in this regard. It is just looking for an exact string match. So the extra space characters are enough to stop Zoom seeing the stop and restart tags.

Remove the two extra spaces and this will solve your problem.

----------
          David

Comment

Thanks David,

you are wright. It works now.

The fact is that I used Macromedia Dreamweaver Add Comment button, and created such a comment (obviously not good for ZOOM)!

I could never imagine what should be wrong with the code without your help.
            Regards,
            Nenad

Comment

Working...
            X