ZoomStop and ZoomRestart in an Excel XLS file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZoomStop and ZoomRestart in an Excel XLS file

I have a problem. I am trying to use the ZOOMSTOP AND ZOOMRESTART tags in a XLS file.

The problem is that it is still indexing them.

I do not know if it is because it is an xls file or something else.

Any help weoul be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Casy

The HTML tags used with ZOOMSTOP AND ZOOMRESTART were not designed to work from within binary files like Excel files.

-----
    David

Comment

Is there any way to get it from indexing these parts of the files then?

Comment

Excel allows files to be saved in many different formats. Including HTML and XML. Could you use this option?

Maybe you can send us one of the Excel files to look at and detail the reasons behind your requirement to skip part of the content. It might give us some other ideas for a solution

For example maybe you insert the same data as an image in Excel (rather than text)?

------
        David

Comment

I am still battling this and have not had the chance to work on it lately.

I have looked into using different formats for HTML and XML but the take the file size up way to much.

I regretably cannot send a file out of house due to security reasons. The data I am trying to skip is basically customer lists for dropdowns.

I can get most if not all of my data on one sheet in the workbook. Is there a way to skip an entire sheet in a excel file?

All of the data I have is used for formulas/dropdowns so I am unable to substitue images.

Please let me know anything I can do to resolve this or if there is any information you need that will be beneficial to you.

Thanks!!

Comment

There is no way to skip a specific worksheet within an Excel file in the current version.

Another idea:
            If the content that you wish to exclude, is in the later part of the XLS file, you may be able to omit it by setting the "Limit words per file" option (in the Configuration window, under the "Limits" tab). This will index up to the specified number of words for each file. However, note that it will apply to all other files being indexed too. If you put the data on a later worksheet as you suggested, then this may ensure that it will not get indexed, if the content prior to it already satisfies the limit.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X