PassMark Logo
Home » Forum


No announcement yet.

Does not pick up navigation buttons on included.txt

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does not pick up navigation buttons on included.txt

    Version 5.1 (1016) Professional does not seem to pick up pages in an included text file. My index.shtml has an <!--#include virtual="inc/logo.txt" --> statement which contains my navigation buttons; however, these pages are never spidered. The website is, and the included file in all pages looks something like this:

    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="position: relative; top: -66px; ">
    <td width="8%" align="center"><a class="mind"
    href=""> Home </a></td>
    <td width="8%" align="center"><a class="mcal"
    href=""> Calendar </a></td>
    <td width="8%" align="center"><a class="mcon"
    href=""> Contact </a></td>

  • #2
    I don't think there is any problem with the HTML code posted.

    Did you check the log for errors?

    Are you indexing in spider mode or offline mode. If you are using #includes, then you need to use Spider mode.


    • #3
      Files skipped

      Yes, I am using spider mode, starting at The only warning message says "14 files indexed, 356 files skipped". BTW, thanks for your prompt reply, even on Christmas Day!


      • #4
        What was the reason given in your log for the files being skipped?

        All the links on your site are without a sub-domain,
        so you should also do the same for the start point. That is to say, don't use the www. subdomain if non of your deeper pages use it.


        • #5
          &quot;External site - does not match base URL&quot;

          The message says "skipping (External site - does not match base URL". My common menu items all link to "" so that the same included menu can be used in any level or sublevel page. My "start spider" URL is "" and my base URL is "". I will try changing my included menu to add the "www" to all menu links so that it matches the base URL.


          • #6
            Problem solved

            I changed all my html menu links to add the WWW to match the base URL and it worked OK. I also tried removing the WWW from the base URL to match my links, and this worked too. As long as they are consistent it seems to work fine. Thanks for your help!