Wrong Info is displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Info is displayed

I've just gone through the user guide once again - I can't figure out why the after i have just indexed my site, the search results pick up pages that were deleted a week ago, yet do not pick up pages with meta keywords and decriptions, resulting in zero matches.

Is there a general reason that would cause this to happen?

Maybe it you are using an old set of index files?

It is hard to see how Zoom could download and index a document that doesn't exist. Except maybe if you are using caching and it is packing up the old cached copy. Zoom shares it cache with IE.

------
    David

Comment

I have uploaded the index each time I indexed the files yesterday - about a couple of dozen times.

It all started when reviewing the search log - and finding that most of the zero matches I know have true matches on the site. I have then found it is skipping over a lot of the pages - and they do not match the folder/skip pages.

I've tried saving the index log - but it is truncating the beginning of the log, to determine why it is skipping pages I need.

I've even starting adding text to my pages so they get picked up - to no avail.

Any ideas?

Comment

I have then found it is skipping over a lot of the pages - and they do not match the folder/skip pages.
        There are many good reasons why files can be skipped. See this FAQ question,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...s.html#skipped
        Can you give an example of what is skipped plus details of what you have in your skip list.

I've tried saving the index log - but it is truncating the beginning of the log
        There are details about keeping the entire log here,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=346

If your search results do not reflect what you think is in the index, then maybe you are uploading the index to the wrong location on your server?

-------
        David

Comment

My skip list:

/svhs
          /committees
          /advertising
          /rtt-jostmachinery
          /unsubscribe
          /whatesnew
          /search/
          /ddc
          /corporate/
          /invoice
          /staff
          /omnidie
          /ftp
          /fpdb
          /technical/cgi-bin
          /technical/ubb
          /technical/images
          /information/statistics/financialsurvey/2004/
          /jobs/empregitnew.htm
          /jobs/empregister.htm
          /information/statistics/financialsurvey/survey.htm

The files that I am looking for it to pick up at this time are in the /publications folder.
          They are .html files. There are about 25 of them, all ***_toc.html.

As far as uploading the indexes, im doing it manually, so I know that I am putting them in the right spot.

Comment

Are you using Spider mode or Offline mode? What is the URL for your site (if online and not a intranet)?

Did you read the FAQ here?
            http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...s.html#skipped

Did you have a look in your log file to see if the skip reason is listed?

If you are using spider mode, do you have a HTML link to the documents that are being skipped for the spider to follow?

If you are using offline mode, is the /publications folder under your indexing start point?

Comment

Working...
            X