ZOOMTITLE and ZOOMDESCRIPTION meta tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOMTITLE and ZOOMDESCRIPTION meta tags

Please refer to this following thread in the v5 forum: http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2891

Ray's response indicates that there are ZOOMTITLE and ZOOMDESCRIPTION meta tags in v6...but I can't find any doc on them. Are these specially named meta tags, or are they examples of custom tags?

I have been gathering the info to post to the ZOOMTITLE tag in many many HTML pages...but I want to be sure I create the tag correctly!

Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Yes, the ZOOMTITLE and ZOOMDESCRIPTION meta tags are supported in V6. We just haven't updated the documentation yet. ZOOMTITLE meta tags will be picked up if you have "Titles" enabled for indexing (under "Indexing Options"), similarly, ZOOMDESCRIPTION will be picked up if "Meta descriptions" are enabeld.

The syntax would be just like any other meta tag, e.g.

<meta name="ZOOMTITLE" content="My custom title for this page to appear in the search results">
    <meta name="ZOOMDESCRIPTION" content="Description I want to appear in the search results for this page">
    Make sure to enable "Reload all files (do not use cache)" if you are adding tags to your page and indexing them immediately after, and want them to be picked up.

Let us know if you have any trouble with this.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X