license enforcement and word2txt plugin error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license enforcement and word2txt plugin error

I got two consecutive error messages after indexing 16,000 or so pages, which included 800 or so doc files. After receiving the errors it could not index any doc files. This happened on windows web server 2008 x64 but not windows xp x32. I sent the two error message screenshots to [the email address on the "Contact Us" page].
    Last edited by Ray; Nov-30-2008, 11:49 PM. Reason: Removed e-mail address in plain text to avoid spam bots picking it up

skipping word docs v6

It seems to skip word docs for me with this error...
    Error: Could not open file: \\data\e$\Inetpub\wwwroot\search_staff\zoom_plugin .out (Error code: 2)

The above is the ouput directory. Other files go there ok.

Comment

The error message from maryjili's email is as follows (to clarify for other readers):

"Windows cannot open the program because the license enforcement system has been tampered with or become corrupted."

The most likely cause of this is that you have copied/uploaded the plugin files from one computer to another and corrupted the file in the process. One likely situation is if you are using FTP to upload the plugin file to a server, and you did not use BINARY mode for your FTP upload.

Here is a previous post about this same error.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by sfawcett2 View Post
        It seems to skip word docs for me with this error...
        Error: Could not open file: \\data\e$\Inetpub\wwwroot\search_staff\zoom_plugin .out (Error code: 2)

The above is the ouput directory. Other files go there ok.
        This is a different issue to the one that maryjili posted above.

The most likely causes for such an error are:
        • You are running multiple instances of Zoom Indexer and indexing to the same folder
        • Check if you have another copy of Zoom running (check the Task Manager by right clicking in the systray) Note that two copies of "ZoomIndexer.exe" appearing in the process list is normal for one instance of Zoom. If you have two instances of Zoom running, there'll be more than 2 entries of "ZoomIndexer.exe".
        • Security software is interrupting file access. This includes anti-virus software. Try temporarily disabling any such software on the server you are writing to.
        • Considering it is a shared network drive, is it possible that someone else (or another application, as suggested above) is changing/deleting files from that folder as you are writing to it? Try changing the output folder to a local one on your computer and see if this still happens.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I did not do neither of the above. When the error occured, I paused the indexing and redownload the plugin from your site and reinstalled it. Then I resumed indexing but the error reappeared.

Comment

Check the filesize of the word2txt.exe plugin file. The correct size for the current build is 1,772,544 bytes.

Which download are you using when you reinstall it? The "Complete plugins Installer Package" would only install plugins for V5. If you wish to install plugins for V6, you should download the individual ZIP file and unzip them in the appropriate folder, as described here.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I did not install them individually, but the file size is correct and it did run fine for the first a few hours. I will try as you instructed and see if it remove the error.

What is the new user name and license key for beta5, I tried the old one and it did not work.

Comment

We messed up with the V6 beta keys. We'll be issuing new beta keys today as a result to fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X