X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Php4 vs php5

Hi,

A silly question ?

Have I to put the two lines (below) or only one, for php5 to work properly?
    AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php
    AddHandler x-httpd-php .php4

I had the same problem (parse error) & I put the two lines (.htaccess) + change : search.php to search.php5 and it work.
    But .... if I leave the file without the number 5 .php(5) to .php then I got the file search.php to be download ....!

Thanks for your answer...

Oswaldo

It would have helped us a lot if you had posted the actual error that you see. Otherwise we are just guessing at what the error might be.

PHP4 / 5 support depends on your hosting company.
    Most hosting companies will be already using PHP5. In which case there is nothing you need to do. No changes to .htaccess and no file changes.

In some cases, a few hosting companies provide both PHP4 and PHP5. And you can rename the search.php file to search.php5 to get PHP5 to execute the file. In other cases you can add entries to the .htaccess file to make PHP5 the default version. But you should check with your hosting company if PHP5 is available and how to use it, if you see parsing errors.

Finally we made a code change yesterday in release 6.0.1002 to fix one specific parse error with old PHP releases. So make sure you get 6.0.1002 if you were on one of the eariler releases.

Comment

Hi,

• Sorry I was not at the forum for the moment where I had the problem with php 4 vs php 5.

I, in fact put the .htaccess with the code you provided yesterday, and it works well; puting of course (search.php(5) with 5 after php

Now the search.php(5) code works fine.

• About the parse error, was this line (line 3116):

private static $StemStopChars = "`1234567890-=[]\\;',./~!@#$%^&*_+|:\"<>?";

... and I changed it to :

private static $StemStopChars = '(&)#8243; )`1234567890-=[]\\;(&)#39; ),./~!@#$%^&*_+|:\"<>?(&)#8243; )';

...the brackets (above) are here necessary but not in the code! you know...
      and it worked fine.
      The problem with the php version in my server isp (free.fr) is in relation with the ( ' ) characters .... after the $StemStopChars command, I think.

So thanks very much, I will download the 6.0.1002 version soon !

One more word, your software is wonderful .... really,

Cheers to all the team,

Oswaldo
      Last edited by Oswaldo; Dec-19-2008, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Yes, we think this was a bug in some early PHP releases. But we already fixed this problem in 6.0.1002 so there was no need to make your change above.

Comment

Hi,
          I downloaded the last version 6.0.1002 and I saw that the changes (my changes in line 3116) where not necessary (as you quoted).

So, thank you again,

Cheers
          Last edited by Oswaldo; Dec-19-2008, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Php handler

Hi, administrator

By the way, you did not answer my question :

Have I to put the two lines (below) or only one, for php5 to work properly?
            AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php
            AddHandler x-httpd-php .php4

I gess for php5 we need only the first line isn't it

Cheers,

Oswaldo

Comment

What is required to get PHP5 working will depend on what your hosting company has already setup and if you have other PHP scripts on your site that require the older PHP4. Most hosting companies would require neither of these lines I believe.

Comment

Ok, my isp & server uses PHP 4.4.3-DEV from Zend

I put the two htaccess lines in the root, and now I can use the search php generated by the last version of zoom search, but putting the .php5 with (5). this is the only way it works.

I tried to use the zoom search 5.1 files (all files) and I had to put (in the search.php file) .php4 with (4) at the end.

Now, also, I cannot use any file without the (4) or (5) numbers after .php. Is that normal?

I think the server have the two possibilities <4 & 5> ?

Cheers,

.... Now I saw it was not necessary to leave the .htaccess file in the server.
                I retired it and any php is understand as (.php 4 of course)
                and for php 5 to work I put .php5 extension and it works well.

Thank you any way !
                Last edited by Oswaldo; Dec-20-2008, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X