FTP issues - again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP issues - again

I have set up CGI on version 6 and as with v5.1 FTP stops before it completes. I have tried PASV mode as well. It stops after completeing the same file upload every time, file 5 out of 10, and 18Mb in size, then after a wait I get the error message FTP upload error. 226 File received OK. 200 switching to Binary mode. There is then some blurb that the connection has terminated.

Headache time...

Bob
    Robert Isaac
    Volvo Owners Club

Two different errors at my last attempt:

500 unknown command
    500 illegal PORT command

Any help will be appreciated.

Bob
    Robert Isaac
    Volvo Owners Club

Comment

FTP often gives problems. There are dozens of different software packages to use as FTP servers and then there are a bunch of additional configuration settings, like short timeouts, that mess up compatibiilty with some FTP clients. Then there are the additional problems of people having ISP connections that are not 100% reliable, and blocking some of the FTP traffic via firewalls.

The 500 errors are from your server. The "illegal PORT command" error would normally mean you should be using FTP PASV mode.

Can you try it with 3rd party FTP software?

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post

The 500 errors are from your server. The "illegal PORT command" error would normally mean you should be using FTP PASV mode.
        Not using PASV during that transfer. Using WS_FTP it works OK.

Bob
        Robert Isaac
        Volvo Owners Club

Comment

Working...
        X