Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search in index

Hi,

is it possible to create more indexes, and search inside a selected index(or a group of indexes)?

1. Would like to create a text-file containing the filenames to index, and also determine the resulting index name.
    2. Would like to ref. the index name when activating a search from my page.

I would use this when:

a. Searching parts of my sites, ex. individual blogs, forums and so on.
    b. Searching after looking at the users roles.

I would rather not "mis-use" categories to do this.

I don't think this would be a "mis-use" of categories.

Categories were designed to search a sub-set of your files and this is what you are asking for.

Comment

But what if I want to use categories within the "categories" - and my levels are n deep.

Let's say I have a forum, within it there are posts and each post got answers.

If I search in the forum context, all forums, all posts and all answers should be searched.
      If I search in the posts context, only posts, and answers should be searched.
      If I serached in a single post, all the answers should be searched.

I can see that categories can be used here, supplied with the AND keyword,-but this should happen "behind the scene", and I then have to extract the categories from the public list.

The public list would also have to change it's categories all together depending on where the user would like to search from,- it should present a set of categories when inside the forum part of my web-site, and another list when ex. inside the Blog part of my web-site.

Therefore I the term "mis-use".

I use categories, today, to control role access and filter search results - and have "given up" on using categories the "normal" way.

In my "simpel" mind I saw the following order of things:

1. Create a range of pages (from a file, or a spider).
      2. Create a index name, and save the index result here.
      3. Attach a group of categories to the index name.
      4. Specify index(es) when creating search page on the website.
      5. Specify result page.

Is it possible, at all?

Comment

Unless you are using MasterNode, or some of your own scripting to switch or combine indexes, each search function would only operate from a single set of index files.

You can have multiple search functions each using a different set of index files however. For example, one set for the public part of your site and one for the private part.

Comment

Working...
        X