Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 javascript and stemming..

Hi,

Would it be possible to create a search default in the user input field so that an * is automatically added in front and/or at the end of a user's search term, using the javascript method?

I'm looking for a workaround to the stemming limitation....and unfortunately, javascript seems to be the only method that works with our distribution requirements.

I'm using version 6 build 1028, with RoboHelp (Webhelp).

thank you!

There is no technical reason why extra code couldn't be written to do this.

I don't think it is this simple however. What about multi-word searches? I also think it would be confusing to the user to do it in fashion.

There is also an existing check box in the languages configuration window to perform a sub-string match for all searches.

Comment

Thank you! Yes, the checkbox does what I needed! This is what I was looking for.....

I agree is confusing, so now my next question is this:

Is it possible to have a toggle on the search page which acts like the sub-string match checkbox on the configuration window? So, if the user wants to expand the search they select this?

I already have text indicating how users can improve their search results (using negative searches, asterisks, specific terms, categories, etc) but management wants a checkbox.

thanks again! You guys are always so helpful.....

Comment

There is no function in the software for this.
        You would need to write your own script to do it.

Comment

Working...
        X