Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ASP.Net Search

Hi,

We have recently purchased Wrensoft zoom software and trying to set it up for our website. We were able to install the Indexer and generate the index files. When we try to implement the Search feature we are getting the following error.

Cannot marshal 'parameter #7': Pointers cannot reference marshaled structures. Use ByRef instead.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.MarshalDirectiveExc eption: Cannot marshal 'parameter #7': Pointers cannot reference marshaled structures. Use ByRef instead.

FYI: We have installed the ASP.Net server control from wrensoft and added the reference to the project.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Thanks,

How are you adding your reference to the project? Can you elaborate on this?

Have you tried accessing the search.aspx page directly from the browser?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I have added the ZoomASPX dll to my project using Project --> References --> Add Reference. I have search.aspx file inside a separate folder in my current the project. I have created this folder as an application in IIS. I tried to access the search.aspx directly also and getting the same error.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for looking into this.

Comment

Can you check which version of ASP.NET you are hosting the application under. You can find out in IIS by right-clicking on the folder, select "Properties" and then the "ASP.NET" tab. There should be a drop-down box for "ASP.NET Version". You need to specify ASP.NET 2.0 or later (as well as .NET Framework 2.0 or later) for the Server Control to work.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Ray.

We are using .Net Framework 2.0 and I have checked IIS as well and it is 2.0.50727.

Comment

Same error

Originally posted by Raja View Post
            Hi,

We have recently purchased Wrensoft zoom software and trying to set it up for our website. We were able to install the Indexer and generate the index files. When we try to implement the Search feature we are getting the following error.

Cannot marshal 'parameter #7': Pointers cannot reference marshaled structures. Use ByRef instead.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.MarshalDirectiveExc eption: Cannot marshal 'parameter #7': Pointers cannot reference marshaled structures. Use ByRef instead.

FYI: We have installed the ASP.Net server control from wrensoft and added the reference to the project.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Thanks,
            Last weekend i had updated ZOOM V6 1008 to 1009 for both Search and ASP.net control and applied the config which was working for 1008 but now on direct access to the file i.e http://xxxx/zoomaspx/ it gives the above error and so does in my site. I haven't referenced it in my project but displaying it as an iframe for my DNN site.
            I have checked for asp.net version for the zoomaspx which is 2.0.5. The permissions and configurations has been set as the earlier one but still the error persists.

Hoping you could shed some light into this matter.

Thank you.

Comment

Can either of you, if possible, zip up your search files (that's the files generated by the Indexer, namely the .ZDAT files and search template) and e-mail them to us. Also include the ZCFG file containing your saved indexer configuration.

If these files are very large (over 10 MB), can you try indexing with a smaller set of files (e.g. setting a smaller Max. pages limit) and see if the same problem occurs. If so, e-mail us the smaller set of files. If not, still let us know, and we can arrange for a way for you to get the larger files to us.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

This problem has been addressed in newer builds of the ASP.NET Server Control since 25th/March/2009. You can find more information on this update here:
                http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3249
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                X