X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• category number invalid errors

On some searches I get an error page saying
    "Error: Category number is invalid. Incorrect settings file used?"

If i type random letters in the search form it seems to perform a search and find nothing.
    But if I type a search which should yeild results I get the error.

Any ideas what is causing this?

You are most likely mixing files from different indexing sessions.

For example, you uploaded new index files generated, but you are omitting the settings file.

Or, you have modified the settings file, or the actual search script source code. Or you are using script code from different versions/builds of the software.

You must upload ALL the files listed in the "Required files" window at the end of indexing. And you must not modify the settings file and script code.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Okay I have just been playing around with settings to try and find the cause of the problem.
      I added a new category which was a directory based one and this caused all the rrors, because when I removed it the errors were gone.
      Could this error message be because some of these files in the directory have ZOOMCATEGORY meta data still in them?

Comment

Hard to say without seeing the files in question. Can you send us your ZCFG file (with the category defined which causes the error) and one of the files with the ZOOMCATEGORY specified? Email details are on our Contact Us page.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X