Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error testing version six

Hi,

I'm a registered user of version 5 (and several past version) evaluating version 6. After indexing all my files the process fails to complete and gives me the following error:

Failed to rename file from zoom_pageinfo.tmp to C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\TCFM\Website\news\newsletters\zoom_pagei nfo.zdat (The system cannot find the file specified.
    )

That is a legitimate directory on my computer, and those files are there.

Any ideas?

I think I solved this problem, though I don't know how it happened. Somehow the .tmp files got locked up by Windows, and I couldn't delete them even after closing ZoomSearch. After a restart of Windows I deleted them, then restarted ZoomSearch and it worked fine.

james

Comment

This is generally a permissions issue. Zoom is unable to rename the file "zoom_pageinfo.tmp" to "zoom_pageinfo.zdat". When you say that the file is there, did you mean the ".tmp" file or the ".zdat" file? Is it being held open by another application?

If you are doing this on the web server directly (and that is the folder you are hosting the files in), then the ZDAT file may be held open by an active search process.

Another common problem is if that folder is a local site for Dreamweaver, and you use the check in/out process, whereby Dreamweaver is locking the ".zdat" file as read only. But you should see the delete message in that case.

Other possible causes:
      - You have these files held opened in another application.
      - The permissions set in Windows prevent Zoom from writing to these files or this folder.
      - You have an Anti-virus or Internet Security application running and installed which is interfering, and temporarily holding exclusive access to the files. You can try again with these programs disabled to see if it helps.
      - You have Windows Indexing Service installed or enabled. This can temporarily hold access to a file while it is indexing it for Windows’ own search function. You can configure this behaviour in “Control Panel” -> “Indexing Options” and make sure your output directory is not included.

You should also try the following the next time you see this error:
      Go to your output folder in Windows Explorer. Try to rename the files manually from “zoom_pageinfo.tmp” to “zoom_pageinfo.zdat” manually. You should get a similar error from Windows, but possibly with more information as to why it is refused.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X