PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How display file name only instead of title in search result?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How display file name only instead of title in search result?

Hi all,
    is there a way how to display a file name in the search result page? I use Zoom for offline indexing of documents. If the "Title" option is unchecked in the Results Layout tab setting, the relative path is displayed (which I don't want). When I leave the checkbox ticked the file name gets displayed for almost all file types (when Retrieve internal meta information option is unselected in the indexing option for file types), except for HTML for which page title is displayed always. Any idea how to show only file name for all file types?
    Thank you.

I think you've covered all the title related options with filenames. When "Titles" are disabled from "Results Layout", the link URL is shown. This may be a relative path (if you are using relative links via a relative base URL), or an absolute URL (if you use an absolute path in the base URL). There's no option to specifically force path-stripped filenames to be used as titles for HTML results (as opposed to plugin supported files).

One way you could achieve this though is if you use ZOOMTITLE meta tags to specify alternate titles for all your HTML pages. And specify the filename (or whatever you like) in there. You can do this for other file formats too through the use of .DESC files.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X