How Index pg scanned but no shown in Rslt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Index pg scanned but no shown in Rslt

I have an index.htm, there are a number of links which are linked to the other page. I just want to scan this index.htm content but I don't want this index.htm shown in the result page. How can I configure this effect? Thx.

There are several ways to do this, but an easy way is to add this meta data to the page,
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex">

Comment

scanned but not shown in result page

The statement already put inside the html as below, however, this html is still shown in the search result page... anything for me to check about the configuration or else.....Thx

-----------------------------------------------------------------
      <head>
      <title>CSS Quick Help</title>
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=big5">
      <meta name="robots" content="noindex">
      </head>
      -------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Check the following in the Indexer:

"Configure"->"Spider Options"

Make sure the option for "Reload all files (do not use cache)" is checked.

Also, make sure "Enable 'robots.txt' support" on that same panel is also checked.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Still show the page in the result page.Already checked "Reload all files (do not use cache)" and "Enable 'robots.txt' support"...

Is there any "robots.txt" should be existing in somewhere in the site?

Comment

Hi, just a complement to my previous post.

Checking into the index log file, I found the below entry:

|Not indexing content on page: http://www.../P.../C..../2001/abc...QH/index.htm (meta robots "noindex" tag found)

does that mean it is scanned but no shown the result page?

Comment

That's correct. The tag is used to tell the spider to scan and look for links on the page, but not index the words and content.

I presume you are using Spider Mode?

When you say the page shows up in the results, how are you searching for it? Are you searching for a particular keyword?
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes, Spider mode is being used.
                I searched for "asia mile".

I am guessing will it be the cause of problem. I have two environment, one is production web site while the other is UAT web site, both of them have the same content. The index pages are generated against the production web site and I put those index files into the UAT web site and using the ZOOM search engine there ( UAT web site )......

Comment

Can you give us the URLs to the pages in question. Email or PM if you wish to maintain privacy.

Considering theres two sites with the same content, I wonder if you might have simply put the tag on the wrong version of the site (i.e. not the site you're indexing). Or you might be making some other mistake. Either way, if we can see the site in question it'll be much easier to answer. If possible, provide us with your ZCFG file as well (containing your configuration).
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                  X