Zom search returns "Printing"??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zom search returns "Printing"??

My Zoom search is limited to a directory containing about 250 PDF files. Any given search term that exists in one or more PDFs returns for the query both hits for the specific PDF documents and a larger number of hits each headed "Printing". Clicking on any of these Printing hits brings up one of the PDFs in which the search term occurs.

I want to turn this off and just get the list of hits specifically linked to the PDF file. What generates this "Printing" heading for hits and how is it controlled?

The word "Printing" is not in any of Zoom's search scripts.

Much more likely to be the cause is that your PDF files actually contain meta titles beginning with the word "Printing". You can check this by opening the PDF file in Acrobat Reader, and clicking on "File"->"Properties". I would suspect that your PDF files are created by printing to a PDFWriter program, and the title of these PDF files were assigned by the print task.

You can either:
    (a) Correct the titles in your PDF files.
    (b) Specify alternative titles for your PDF files by using .desc files as described here: Q. How do I specify my own titles and descriptions for PDF and DOC files?
    (c) Disable the indexing of internal meta information in PDF files so that the filename is used for the link title for PDF files ("Configure"->"Scan options" and double click on ".pdf", then uncheck "Retrieve internal meta information").
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X