Indexing a site via IFrame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing a site via IFrame

we are currently developing an DNN website and using Zoom V6 as its default search engine. As far searching for DNN goes, zoom performs efficiently. My query is regarding Iframes, I have certain pages which consists of Iframes to other websites. Is there a way I can index these pages too. I tried indexing it along with main website but the results aren't usually displayed.
    Any insight would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Zoom should be able to index the contents of your IFRAMES, just as it does with normal frame sets. However, it will index the contents of the frames as individual pages. That is, if the content within the IFRAMES matched the search, it will link to the page within the frame directly, and not the page containing the IFRAME.

This is normal, and the only really reasonable behaviour. Unfortunately, it is a simple matter of fact that frames (in any forms, including iframes) are not search engine friendly. The page with the frame can contain a variety of different information, because the content within the frame can change. So it would not work just pointing to the frames either.

You see the same problem when Google links to a page that normally belongs inside a frame. Some people get around this problem by adding a bit of Javascript to their pages, which redirect the browser to the frame page if it is accessed directly.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X