Defining own form - no results shown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defining own form - no results shown

I have allowed the search script to generate the full search form once in order to get the exact source code for the form.

Once this was done, I styled the form as needed. When running a search request now though, nothing seems to occur.

The form resides here: http://www.navahomes.com.au/portfolio/search/search.asp

Is there something else I must add in order for this to work correctly?

Thank you.

I think you've mistakenly removed the <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag from your "search_template.html" file. This is necessary to indicate where you want the search output to appear on the page.

Let us know if you still have trouble after putting this tag back in.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I see - yes that generates results - however only by clicking the submit button automatically generated by the <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag.

I am assuming, the correct way to present this page now is to add "display:none" in the CSS for all the select boxes automatically generated by the <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag, and keep the submit button only?

Comment

No, if you want to disable the automatically generated search form, you should do so from the Indexer.

Click "Configure"->"Search Page"->"Search form" dropdown change from "Advanced" to "Do not generate".

The reason your custom form and submit button does not work is because it is lacking a query field (since you are creating a search form which uses custom meta fields exclusively). You still need an empty "zoom_query" field so that the search script can tell a search has been submitted (as opposed to you having just visited the page).

Try adding the following to your custom search form:

Code:
        <input type="hidden" name="zoom_query" value="" />
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Like clock-work, thank you for your prompt assistance.

Comment

Working...
          X