Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom crashes during indexing through command line

Hi,

Been using zoom for a while, since using v6 I have noticed it crashes ocassionally using the GUI (which i can live with). However I want to use Zoom from the cmdline.

On running the index with an incremental parameter (-update or -addpage) I notice zoom doesnt index anything. It launches zoom and opens the zcfg file. It then creates a bunch of *.tmp files and then exits. If I run it without an incremental parameter then it seems to work about 50% of the time and the other 50% it again just creates *.tmp file and exits. I've got logging enabled, but it doesnt write anything to the log (which is particuarly helpful).

I have v5 installed on a seperate server and this works fine, however with v6 its giving me gip...

Can anyone shade any light on this?

If this helps, I'm running:
    windows 2003 SP2 x64
    Zoom V6.0 Build 1012 Enterprise
    6gb ram with Quad Core Zeons

E-mail us your log file and ZCFG file. Make sure you have enabled all the logging options so we can see the most messages. Even if the log file only shows what file it got up to when it crashed would be interesting. If it crashes while indexing the same file each time, then this would be tellingly important.

Can you elaborate as to when it crashes while you're using the GUI. For example, make note if it is when you switch from a particular configuration panel, or if it is when you click "start indexing", or in the middle of indexing, or something else.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X