Silly question, but I have to ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question, but I have to ask

I just upgraded to the new version which is quite nice and works much better. For our websites we have included in all pages an small box to make the searches. What is puzzling me is that looking into the html code for this boxes they are surrounded by a comment like this "<!--Zoom Search Engine Version 5.1 (1007) PRO-->". With the new version the search template does not generate this kind of line comments, is it meant this way now??? As you can see nothing really serious but it's keeping my mind busy

If this comment is appearing on the actual search page (e.g. "search.php" or "search.asp"), then it might be that you have a mix of index files, and some of the files are from V5. Things shouldn't be working properly if this is the case.

However, if this comment is appearing on other pages of your website besides the search page, then it's likely that when you created the search form, you copy and pasted the code from the form that's generated on the search page, and copied this extra comment unnecessarily.

If you want us to confirm further, provide us with the URLs to your pages and we can take a look.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Ray, the comment lines appears in all of my pages since the search box is in all of them. You can have a look just going to the home one www.webometrics.info ang looking at the source. The code for the box is located more or less a little down from the middle of the code. As I told nothing really important but puzzling

Comment

As I said, Zoom didn't add these boxes to the pages on your site, and it has no capability to do so. It is the web developer who added the HTML to the site that somehow ended up copying and pasting the version comment all over the website. You can remove them.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ok, thanks very much for your help, IŽll remove them

Comment

Working...
          X