Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced template options

Hi,

Just upgraded (finally) from 5.1 to 6.0.

In the past, I have had a small search box for Zoom search on every page of my site. When someone searches via one of those boxes, they get the search_template.html page, which I partially customized with some of the layout elements from one of my stock pages.

But it's been a long time since I did that customization and looking at the new 6.7 Advanced template options section of the 6.0 manual, I'm trying to figure out how to use those tags (or whether I need to) versus using the info found in the "Zoom Search FAQ - Headers & Footers, SSI & wrapping." It seems mysearch.php is not what I want, since I'm using a mini search form on every page instead of a single dedicated search page. I want to customize just the RESULTS file, and the new tags seem to be the way to go, but I haven't found any examples of their use outside of the brief explanation in section 6.7.

Does one simply place those tags inside the search_template.html file to create a custom template, sandwiched between the html I use for the typical layout on all my normal html pages? And are those tags controlled by the css discussed in section 6.4?

You don't need to use the advanced tags. They are optional and only need to be used if you want finer control over automatically generated elements of the result page.

SSI and wrapping is required when you have scripts (like PHP) dymanically generating the headers and footers for all of your pages. Which doesn't sound like your case.

Without knowing what you want to customise it is hard to give good advice.

But if you did want / need to use the advanced tags, then yes, you just drop them into the search_template.html file.

Comment

Working...
    X