Multiple Domain Name Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Domain Name Search

I have a number of Sites that I host on my server. I want Zoom to index each of them separately and create an index package to be used for that site only.

I try to set up a new index package by placing all the info in a different directory and/or name but It still adds files from a different url that I had indexed originally.

I read about how to do it but I apparently cannot understand what I am doing wrong. This seems like it should be a very simple thing and the instructions to do it should be very simple as well.

If it is then I am simpler than they are.

Please help if you can. I did try and find other messages already covering this but nothing I found seemed to make sense to me.

It should be quite simple but perhaps there's something unusual in your scenario?

Normally, you would simply create a different configuration file (ZCFG file) for each site ("File"->"Save configuration As"). Each ZCFG file would have it's own spider URL and output directory so it indexes a different domain, and writes the files in a different folder.

Are you using Offline mode or Spider mode? If you are using Offline mode, you should note that everything under the Start directory gets indexed. So if you give it a directory that contains files or subfolders for other sites, then they will get indexed as well (unless you add them to the Skip list for that ZCFG file).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X